All Our Projects Start with Great Design
Undertaking any renovation project or building a new home can be daunting and requires making a lot of tough decisions. We provide both the roadmap and the vehicle to help you transform your new space.
At Sublime, we pride ourselves on providing not only innovative and unique spaces but also an experience that will have you enjoying the process of creating something new. Our unique consultative design service offers the opportunity take a 3D Virtual Tour of your next kitchen and bathroom prior to commencement.
Embark on the journey to your next your kitchen and bathroom with confidence in your final selections and design.
SELECT A ICON BELOW TO REVEAL OUR STEP BY STEP PROCESS
$295 ONSITE ADVICE (2hrs) The cost of a 2-hour onsite Consultation (Brisbane Metro Area) one on one appointment with Kim is $295.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Kim’s friendly Design Assistant will ask you a few questions about the scope of your project and make an appointment to meet to discuss your project at your home, our studio or alternative location.
Upon making an appointment, we will be send you a Room Profile to complete (if possible). This profile is designed to assist you with things you may not have thought of in regards to your renovations and will assist to develop a brief for your project.
During your initial 2hr meeting with Kim, he will want to hear about how you live in your home and your objectives for the space to be designed. He will then give you some ideas on what he thinks could be achieved. Below are just a few of things he will consider before making recommendations.
- how to improve flow/functionality
- Assess the relationship with adjoining rooms
- Consider existing architectural elements
- overall desired look and feel
- your investment in the new spaces
After your initial consultation with Kim, you will be given the opportunity to digest Kim’s thoughts and ideas. Our fixed price per room design fee is $1990 including GST. If you like our ideas and wish to develop a design further, the $295 initial consultation fee already paid forms part of your deposit towards our fixed price per room design fee of $1990 including GST for a full design.
AT THIS POINT – THEIR IS NO OBLIGATION TO PROCEED WITH A FULL DESIGN.
DESIGN YOUR ROOM
HOW MUCH DOES A DESIGN COST?
Our fixed price per room design fee is $1990 including GST. (discounts for multirooms will apply) If you like our ideas at the initial consultation and wish to develop a design further, the $295 initial consultation fee already paid will form part of your deposit towards our fixed price per room design fee of $1990 including GST for a full design.
Once we have determined your brief and project requirements we will send you an Authority To Proceed. This design agreement outlines our design fees, payment schedule and a time frame for design delivery.
Our 3 meeting consultative design service (meetings outlined below) offers the opportunity at every stage to instantly view your kitchen or bathroom in full 3D colour.
WHAT DO I RECEIVE?
Once your design is complete and your design fees are paid in full, you will receive.
- Floor Plans to Scale with Overall Dimensions (see sample below)
- Elevations to Scale (see sample below)
- 3D FULL CAD Renders in your chosen finishes (see sample below)
Detailed Full working drawings can be provided at an additional cost, but are generally only provided if you choose Sublime Architectural Interiors to manufacture your project.
If you feel you need more than 3 x 2hr Meetings. These can be scheduled for an additional cost of $295 per meeting.
DO I RETAIN OWNERSHIP OF PLANS?
Our philosophy is simple, as clients you deserve to receive something tangible after engaging our design service. At the completion of your design experience with Sublime we will provide you with a full set of Concept plans, elevations and 3D Renders (see samples above) of your space.
At this point you can choose to take these plans to seek costs from other firms or continue the journey with Sublime Architectural Interiors to fully cost, manufacture, install and project manage your project.
STUDIO Meeting 1
CONCEPT DESIGN DELIVERY:
- See 3D CAD Drawings created to reflect our thoughts for your space proposed at your Initial meeting.
- Review and discuss the design and modify to reflect changes
- Discuss appliance selection to suit the design
- Discuss ergonomic storage solutions
- Discuss possible colour placement
STUDIO Meeting 2
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT :
- Review and discuss our revised 3D CAD Drawings of your space which reflects changes discussed at meeting 1
- Discuss and Plan lighting elements to enhance the design and functionality
- Finalise the functional elements of your design
- Discuss possible colour placement
STUDIO Meeting 3
- Provide our thoughts to assist you with cabinet and bench top selections from our library of samples
- Update 3D CAD Drawings with your proposed selections
- Advice and thoughts on your appliance selection
- Research new products
Now that the functional part to your design is now complete, At this stage we will work with you to develop the colour pallet, look and feel of your new space. At this dedicated colour meeting we. Please note including hard finish selections only – excludes floor coverings and soft furnishings.
PLAN & MANUFACTURE
Onsite Trade Meeting
ONSITE MEETING WITH TRADES
Once your Plans are finalized, we coordinate an onsite meeting with all ancillary trades and professionals required to complete the works.At this meeting
- Individual trades will be given a detailed brief and plans to evaluate your project
- Our trades then prepare an accurate trade estimate for their portion of your project
CONFIRMATION OF SELECTIONS
Now that we have met with the trades on site and discussed any issues with the proposed implementation of the design, to be able to develop a fixed price for you we now need to confirm selections.Now its time for a bit of Homework.
- Visit our suppliers to view larger samples of your Granite and Stone selections
- Visit our suppliers to view and confirm Appliance Selections
- Visit our suppliers to view and confirm the Selection of your Fixtures & Fittings
- Visit our suppliers to view floor and wall tiles
PREPARATION OF COSTINGS
Now that we have met with the trades onsite and confirmed your selections we can put together a fixed price for your project including
- Supply and Installation of Joinery and Benchtops
- Supply of Appliances ,Fixtures , Fittings and Tiles
- Trade Estimates associated with your project
After presenting the final costings and making any adjustment to the design, materials or fittings to meet your budget expectations. It is time to sign off on the following Contract Documents.
- HIA Supply/Install Contract, including information about progress payments, timeframes and conditions
- Full Colour and Material Selection document
- Final Plans for you to review and sign off.
Once the design, fixtures and fittings have been finalized and contracts signed we prepare a set of fully dimensioned construction drawings for your project. We want to make sure their are no grey areas before we manufacture the Joinery for your project. Once you have signed your construction documents we will advise you of our intended onsite start date.
WHY DO I NEED TO PAY MANDORY QBCC INSURANCE ?
If your home, townhouse or multiple unit dwelling is no more than 3 storeys high and the value of any proposed building work to be done is more than $3,300 (including labour and materials) then in Queensland mandatory QBCC Home Warranty insurance must be paid within 10 days of your contract being signed. Make sure you do a QBCC licence search on your principle contractor.
- For Structural Changes, you receive 6 years 6-month QBCC Warranty
- For Non-Structural Changes, you will receive a 12-month QBCC defect warranty
DO YOU MANUFACTURE YOUR JOINERY IN HOUSE OR OUTSOURCE ?
All our joinery is manufactured by Sublime Architectural Interiors, locally in Brisbane at our Sumner Park Workshop. Not only do we provide great design but you get to deal directly with the manufacturer (no middle man).We take great pride in our manufacturing processes and our past clients will attest to our quality workmanship and skill of our highly qualified, experienced and skilled tradesmen.
We invite and encourage you to inspect your cabinets at our Sumner Park Factory prior to installation in your home. It is important to us that you are 100% satisfied with the final product and how things will look and feel prior to leaving our factory for installation.
Manage & Install
Kim will meet you on site on the very first day. He will run through the expected timeline for your project.
Kim will update you regularly on the progress of your project. Providing you with information (sometimes daily) on who will be in attendance and what will be completed when.
As your project manager, Kim will liaise with all trades required to complete your project. He will answer any questions that the tradespeople have so you don’t have to worry about something not being completed as per plan or requirements.
Kim will meet with you to review your completed kitchen or bathroom, provide you with a warranty or manufacturer information as well as care guides so you can get the most out of your space for many years to come.