KITCHEN RENOVATION BRISBANE - THE GRANGE
Project Designer—Karen Fullwood
Karen’s career as a designer began as a graphic artist from which she was quickly advanced to Art Director in an Advertising Agency and then went on to work in the Print Media field for several years. During this period Karen renovated numerous residential developments including home interior design and decorating and discovered that she had a true talent to create stylish homes and home decor that looked exceptional, and they worked. Karen was approached by an architect to assist with architectural interior design in his business and this is where her vocation as an interior designer flourished.
Karen’s expertise in kitchen interior design and bathroom interior design was further developed after investing in a company that imported cabinetry. This union provided the opportunity to gain access to contemporary design programs which allowed her to show people their dreams in a visual reality through virtual interior design. As a result Karen Fullwood has now forged a successful career in interio
Style of Home
- Renovated Queenslander
- Double Storey weatherboards and Colourbond roof and gutters
- Timber Doors and window frames
- Interior has VJ timber walls
- Achieve a minimalist feel with clean lines however, still have an element of character to design
- Increase size of kitchen
- Integrate kitchen with interior and exterior living areas
- Create a more spacious and open plan to the home
- Kitchen to be a focal point
- Emphasis on lighting
- Conceal food storage and appliances from view
- More drawers than doors for storage
- Rubbish storage for household waste and recyclables
- Designated area for homework and bill paying
- Addition of concealed steel frame to create structural integrity to the cantilevered levered bench top
- Separate clean up and food preparation and cooking areas.
- Parbury 1200 mm undersink triple Bin for recyclable waste storage.
- Purpose designed pantry with for appliances and food storage.
- Purpose designed pocket doors for pantry so as none obstructive when using appliance area
- 2x Jenn-air handles for pantry to match fridge
- 1x “Blum” orgaline Type F cutlery storage inserts
- 1x “Blum” orgaline Type B cutlery storage inserts
- 2 x drawers with “Blum” Cross pot dividers
- 2 x doors with “Hafele” Pullout Chrome Sauce drawers
- All deep drawers feature “Blum“ double wall box sides (for future orgaline)
- Blumotion to all drawers (a soft close feature to all drawers )
- Recessed Slim line Stainless Steel PowerPoint’
Floor Plans and Interactive Tours
The use of Natural elements such as Granite, Glass and Aluminium create the setting for this minimalist yet dramatic design.
A massive slab of natural River White Granite provides the focal point and creates the illusion of it being suspended in mid air as it cantilevers over the cabinetry with a shadow-line created by the recessed handles. With its unobstructed leg space this floating island bench provides ample seating for the casual family meals as well as a perfect environment for guests to congregate while entertaining. The Granite with it’s streams of silver and grey and shimmers of red give the appearance of a flowing river and on one end the illusion of a waterfall is created as the granite flows down the cabinetry to meet the floor.
The kitchen’s new location and orientation provides a gorgeous view of the outdoor swimming pool, sala, back verandah, living and dinning areas.
Contemporary lighting emulates the large rectangular shapes and materials used in the kitchen and seductively showcase the river of granite as well as providing ample lighting for the workspace.
Depth of colour and texture is created by the use of frosted glass in the pantry doors, island doors and splashback. Aluminium framed glass pocket doors, uniquely designed for this project, open and retract into the pantry to provide unobstructed access to the utility area for appliances and food storage. They can be easily closed to conceal this area upon arrival of unexpected guests.
Storage is a key feature in this design. Large drawers are used instead of cupboards to give more ergonomical use of space and have been designed to incorporate specific needs. While cooking on the gas cook top, every utensil is within easy reach with the use of orgaline storage inserts in soft closing tandem box drawers. Large bench spaces on either side of the cook top, oven and range hood allow ample room for cooking and create a focal point that enhances the cooking zone. Sauce drawers are conveniently located on both sides of the stove. Drawers under the sink incorporate a refuse area for three bins and a top drawer is used for the storage of cleaning aids.
As a finishing touch a special secretaire has been included with room for a laptop, phone, pens, diary and all the accoutrements need by a busy young family.
In reflection, the minimalist design effectively incorporates the pragmatic aspects with the aesthetic elements to provide an uncluttered yet sophisticated area that integrates with the adjoining internal and external living spaces.
LIKE THIS DESIGN ?- Contact the designer direct
INITIAL SPACE ANALYSIS
Organise a time for Sublime to review your kitchen or bathroom needs.
NEWS & REVIEWS
Check out the latest news and reviews about the interior design and kitchen and bathroom industry.
Discover more about the Kitchen and Bathroom awards Sublime has won.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Why you must use us for your next kitchen or bathroom project.